Sam's Math Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: 单墫的微信: 美国高中数学竞赛五十讲  (Read 3859 times)

admin

• Administrator
单墫的微信: 美国高中数学竞赛五十讲
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »

12/14/2018
单墫
承刘培杰先生赠我一套哈工大出版社出的《美国高中数学竞赛五十讲》(如下图),共十冊。作者是美籍华人姐弟。书中数学简明实用不偏难,读者一看就清楚,不用我多说。

这书的一大特点是全用英文,未加翻译。目前国内国际班大增,参加美国各种数学竞赛的中国学生大增。这样的书正是书中送炭。给准备出国留学的学生搭起一座桥梁。

其实民国时期,很多中学,数学也利用原版(英文)教材如Fine的代数,龙氏三角,斯盖尼解析几何等。后来反不与世界接轨了。如用外国教材显然比 那些胡编的新教材好得多 。可惜,现在教师已无选择教材的权力。

这几年,中国竞赛成绩下滑连续四年未获第一。希望不要跌出前三名。而美国却连续得一二名。原因当然是多方面的。但美国近年竞赛活动普遍开展应是一重要因素。而中国限制义务教育阶段不准搞竞赛。真是太外行了。试问15岁以前如果不准踢足球,15岁后能踢好吗?数学竞赛也是如此。各种人才不从小发现培养,怎么能比上其他国家?

不多说了。有兴趣的可以找哈工大出版社买书。

1983年5月20日,作为1980年《中华人民共和国学位条例》颁布后首批毕业的十八名博士之一,单墫在人民大会堂领取了博士证书,大会由时任总理赵紫阳主持 。单墫获得了郭沫若奖学金.

1985年中国开始参加国际数学奥林匹克后,单墫开始活跃于数学竞赛界。1989年,单墫担任第三十届数学奥林匹克国家队副领队与教练组组长,带领中国队首次取得总分第一的成绩,同年开始任教于南京师范大学数学系。1990年,第三十一届国际数学奥林匹克竞赛在中国举办,单墫担任中国国家队领队,并率领国家队在国际数学奥林匹克竞赛上再次取得总分第一的成绩[6]。在1989年、1990年、1991年,三次受到国家教委和中国科协表彰。

1991年,单墫被评为全国优秀教师,开始享受国务院特殊津贴。1992年,开始任南京师范大学数学系系主任直至1994年,同年被授予国家级有突出贡献的中青年专家称号,当选中共十四大代表。1997年,单墫被评为南京师范大学优秀学科带头人,获得江苏省“红杉树”园丁奖。

此外,单墫还曾担任国家教委理科实验班专家组组长,南京市第九届、第十届政协委员,南京数学学会理事长,美国《数学评论》评论员,广州大学教育软件所兼职研究员等职务,为博士生导师.

单墫是中国改革开放后最早的十八名博士之一,在读博士期间就已经在数学普及上进行了许多工作,编写了《几何不等式》《覆盖》《图论》等大量科普性著作。

从1985年中国开始参加国际数学奥林匹克以来,单墫长期活跃于中国数学竞赛界,为中国数学竞赛水平的迅速发展做出了巨大贡献,并多次受到党和国家领导人接见。单墫担任过中国国家队的教练组组长、领队、副领队等职务,在其担任教练组组长期间中国国家队在国际奥林匹克竞赛首次拿下了团体总分第一,次年作为中国国家队领队带领中国国家队再次获得团体总分第一。

此外其撰写的《数学竞赛研究教程》《解题研究》等成为数学竞赛领域的经典著作,并曾获“中国图书奖”一等奖。此外其主编的“数学奥林匹克命题人讲座”等丛书为中国数学竞赛领域的知名参考资料,《数列与数学归纳法》《集合与对应》《因式分解技巧》《解析几何的技巧》《算两次》等著作被选入“数学奥赛辅导丛书”“数学奥林匹克小丛书”“数学奥林匹克命题人讲座”等数学竞赛丛书中。

由于其数学教育上的贡献,单墫被评为全国优秀教师,获得江苏省“红杉树”园丁奖。
著作

单墫出版各类著作较多,以数学普及与数学竞赛方面为主,也曾翻译多本数学方面书籍。其部分著作曾多次出版,所列出版年份未必为该书首次出版年份。以下列出其部分著作。
普及

《几何不等式》(1980年,上海教育出版社)
    《算两次》(2001年,中国科学技术出版社)
    《平面几何中的小花》(2002年,上海教育出版社)
    《解题研究》(2002年,南京师范大学出版社)
    《数学竞赛研究教程》(2009年,江苏教育出版社)
    《解析几何的技巧》(2009年,中国科学技术出版社)
    《初等数论的知识与问题》(2011年,哈尔滨工业大学出版社)
    《我怎样解题》(2013年,哈尔滨工业大学出版社)

史话

《数学竞赛史话》(1990年,广西教育出版社)

译著

《几何不等式》(1991年,北京大学出版社)
    《近代欧氏几何学》(2012年,哈尔滨工业大学出版社)
    《近代的三角几何学》(2012年,哈尔滨工业大学出版社)

Sources:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/单墫

https://baike.baidu.com/item/单墫
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:46:28 AM by Administrator »

admin

• Administrator
SOME COMMENTS
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »

SOME COMMENTS

While the books in this series are primarily designed for AMC competitors, they contain the most essential and indispensable concepts used throughout middle and high school mathematics. Some featured topics include key concepts such as equations, polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions in Algebra, various synthetic and analytic methods used in Geometry, and important facts in Number Theory.

The topics are grouped in lessons focusing on fundamental concepts. Each lesson starts with a few solved examples followed by a problem set meant to illustrate the content presented. At the end, the solutions to the problems are discussed with many containing multiple methods of approach.

I recommend these books to not only contest participants, but also to young, aspiring mathletes in middle school who wish to consolidate their mathematical knowledge. I have personally used a few of the books in this collection to prepare some of my students for the AMC contests or to form a foundation for others.

By Dr. Titu Andreescu
US IMO Team Leader (1995 – 2002)
Director, MAA American Mathematics Competitions (1998 – 2003)
Director, Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program (1995 – 2002)
Coach of the US IMO Team (1993 – 2006)
Member of the IMO Advisory Board (2002 – 2006)
Chair of the USAMO Committee (1996 – 2004)

September 16, 2014

While the books in this series are primarily designed for AMC competitors, they contain the most essential and indispensable concepts used throughout middle and high school mathematics. Some featured topics include key concepts such as equations, polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions in Algebra, various synthetic and analytic methods used in Geometry, and important facts in Number Theory.

The topics are grouped in lessons focusing on fundamental concepts. Each lesson starts with a few solved examples followed by a problem set meant to illustrate the content presented. At the end, the solutions to the problems are discussed with many containing multiple methods of approach.

I recommend these books to not only contest participants, but also to young, aspiring mathletes in middle school who wish to consolidate their mathematical knowledge. I have personally used a few of the books in this collection to prepare some of my students for the AMC contests or to form a foundation for others.

Dr. Titu Andreescu

Dr. Titu Andreescu, University of Texas at Dallas

US IMO Team Leader (1995 – 2002)
Director, MAA American Mathematics Competitions (1998 – 2003)
Director, Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program (1995 – 2002)
Coach of the US IMO Team (1993 – 2006)
Member of the IMO Advisory Board (2002 – 2006)
Chair of the USAMO Committee (1996 – 2004)
MAA Sliffe Award winner for Distinguished Teaching

九月十六号, 2014年

尽管这套系列的书主要是给AMC 设计的, 它同时包含了最核心的和绝对需要的从初中到高中的数学概念。

其中一些典型的章节包括关键的概念,象方程,多项式,代数里的幂函数和对数。几何里的各种纯的和解析计算的方法, 和重要的数论内容。

题目是按讲座形式分类的,注意力放到基本概念上。每一讲开始是几个典型的例题说明概念,然后是围绕着内容的习题。最后是对每一题的详细解答。很多题目讨论了多种解法及思路。

我推荐这系列书给每一位美国高中数学竞赛者,也推荐给那些年少的,希望在不远的将来取得卓越成绩的初中数学爱好者。此书可以加固这些学生的数学知识。我个人曾经用过这些书里的一些资料帮助我的学生准备美国高中数学竞赛,也曾经用过这些书里的一些资料来给别的学生打下基础。

提图.安德烈斯库

提图.安德烈斯库
美国德州大学教授
美国奥林匹克数学竞赛国家队领队 (1995 – 2002)
主任, 美国高中数学竞赛委员会 (1998 – 2003)
主任, 美国奥林匹克夏令营集训队 (1995 – 2002)
美国奥林匹克数学竞赛国家队主教练 (1993 – 2006)
国际奥林匹克数学竞赛顾问委员会委员 (2002 – 2006)
主席:美国奥林匹克数学竞赛委员会(1996 – 2004)
美国数学教育优秀奖获得者(MAA Sliffe Award)

I love this book! I love the style, the selection of topics and the choice of problems to illustrate the ideas discussed. The topics are typical contest problem topics: divisors, absolute value, radical expressions, Veita’s Theorem, squares, divisibility, lots of geometry, and some trigonometry. And the problems are delicious.

Although the book is intended for high school students aiming to do well in national and state math contests like the American Mathematics Competitions, the problems are accessible to very strong middle school students.

The book is well-suited for the teacher-coach interested in sets of problems on a given topic. Each section begins with several substantial solved examples followed by a varied list of problems ranging from easily accessible to very challenging. Solutions are provided for all the problems. In many cases, several solutions are provided.

By Professor Harold Reiter
Chair of MATHCOUNTS Question Writing Committee.
Chair of SAT II Mathematics committee of the Educational Testing Service
Chair of the AMC 12 Committee (and AMC 10) 1993 to 2000.

我爱此书!我爱此书的风格,章节的安排,问题的选择,全部围绕着如何说明要讨论的解题思维方法。

讲到的知识点都是典型的,竞赛常见的。比如:因子,绝对值,根式,维达定理,平方数,整除,很多几何的内容,一定的三角知识,等等。

书中的问题都很妙,很有趣。

尽管此书的阅读对象是想在州和全国数学竞赛(象AMC)中取得优异成绩的高中生,它对那些数学很强的初中生,亦容易接触。

此书对于教师和教练,也非常适宜。问题是按专题安排的。每个章节,开始是知识,丰富的例题,接下来是各种各样的练习题,从简单的,到非常有挑战性的。所有的问题都有详细的解答。 很多题目给出了不同的解答。

Reiter教授曾任:
美国初中数学竞赛命题组组长
美国大学入学考试(SAT)数学委员会主席
美国高中数学竞赛(AMC)委员会主席
美国高中和大专荣誉协会主席
2001年国际数学竞赛(IMO)地方承办委员
美国数学会Edith May Sliffe奖评审委员会主任
美国总统奖评审委员
美国高中数学竞赛题汇编(第七集)主编
2002年曾获得Paul Erdos奖

I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered this, but found that it was superbly thought out. The price may seem a little high, but I believe the book is more than worth it. I have gone on and ordered all of the other AMC volumes including the problem books and am very satisfied.

Excellent materials that cannot be found anywhere else. Math coaches and students who want to study on their own will find this book and the previous two volumes invaluable.

I waited for the price to be reduced since I was buying sight-unseen, but I need not have worried. These are superb materials for self-study or a school math coach. I have now purchased all of the volumes

This review is from: Fifty Lectures for American Mathematics Competitions Volume 4 (Paperback):

This book on more advanced topics is at the same high level as the previous volumes. Many of the topics here are not as clearly presented anywhere else. Highly recommended for Math Clubs and high level students.

By Mr. Thomas A Rike
Mathematics Teacher
Oakland High School
Oakland Math Circle
a retired mathematics instructor from Oakland High School, Tom is the leader of the Oakland School District Mathletes.

I have been using this series to prepare for many math competitions. The 4-volume set encompasses nearly all of the topics addressed in the AMC and AIME exams. Also, 50 AMC Lectures is unique in that it contains detailed, yet intuitive proofs for most new formulas and oftentimes provides multiple methods to solve a particular problem. This approach has provided me with a profound understanding of the concepts instead of just a “memorize the formula and use it” mindset. I would highly recommend 50 AMC Lectures as the de facto route for preparing for advanced math competitions.

By Z Yan, Ph. D.

The authors really understand what students need for math competitions. These 4 books are great outline in virtually all important parts of competition math, with reasonably challenging examples and problems. It's very useful for preparing competitions. It's also great to quickly "boost" a few knowledge points for younger but very talented students so that that they can participate higher level competitions which beyond their grades.

By Q. Chang, A parent

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:08:18 AM by Administrator »